Production: 2019 Belfast & Brussels
Made in Italy aka The Long Way Round
Role: Director & Screenplay Writer
Production: April 2019 Tuscany
Homeland Season 08 (TV Series)
Role: Thomas Anson
Production: January 2019
Release: June 2019
Official Site. Photos. IMDb
Production: Winter 2018 Romania
The Hot Zone (TV mini series)
Role: Trevor Rhodes
Production: 13 Sep - early Dec 2018
Release: 2019 (NAT GEO)
The Rook (TV Series)
Role: Dr. Andrew Bristol
Production: 19 Jul - 21 Sep 2018 London
Release: 2019 (STARZ)
Role: Captain Drey
Production: 15 June - 02 July 2018 Wales
Kevin (Probably) Saves The World: #1.12
Role: English Muffin (voice)
Release: 16 Jan 2018 (ABC)
Homeland Season 07 (TV series)
Role: Thomas Anson
Production: 17 Nov 2017 - 23 Mar 2018
Release: 11 Feb 2018 (SHO)
Das Boot (TV series)
Role: Philip Sinclair
Production: 31 Aug 2017 - 18 Feb 2018
Release: 23 Nov 2018 on SKY (Germany)
Role: Adam Bird
Production: 12 June - 09 July 2017
Production: 17 May - 08 June 2017
Role: Colonel Winnant
Production: 23 May - 02 Sept 2016
Release: May 2017
Chicken/Egg (short film)
Director & Screenwriter
Production: April 2016
Release: Feb 2017 Film Festivals
The Last Draw of Jack of Hearts
Role: attached with Josh Hartnett
No Man's Land
Role: attached with Bart Ruspoli directing
Egregor (Also called The Last Egregor)
Role: attached (unconfirmed) with Franziska Petri
Production: 22 March 2017 - Winter 2018 Ukraine
Release: France Ukraine Canada
JamesD’Arcy.net is a non-profit fan website and is not affiliated with James D’Arcy or his representatives.
Gernika on Slovenian TV with new stills
- Category: Latest updates
Gernika is now available on SiOL TV. The price to rent for 48 hours is € 3.50 on Dkino SiOL TV channel and is in English with Slovenian subtitles.
siol.net contained a very nice summary of Gernika, points of interest, a trailer and several new stills we haven't seen before.
A love story during the Spanish Civil War, sited in the Basque town, which was destroyed in the bombing of the Nazis.
Spain in 1937. The civil war raging between the Republican government and battle the forces of the later dictator Francisco Franco, also affects the life of the inhabitants of the Basque town of Gernika. Here you cross over the fate of a cynical American journalist Henry and Teresa - Republican censor responsible for the control of news by journalists sent abroad.
In their relationship is subsumed Soviet apparatchiks Vasily, who was sent against his will in Spain to advise Republican government. Their lives and emotions themselves to the test when the German air force attacked the city.
Points of Interest:
• The film was premiered at the Film Festival in Malaga on 26 April this year, the 79th anniversary of the bombing of Gernika - the first city in history, which was completely destroyed in the bombing.
• Although the event passed almost 80 years, this is the first feature film showing the horrors of the Nazi attack on Gerniko. Alain Resnais was already in 1950 made a short film about the tragedy of 2014 are on television broadcast mini-series bombs over Gerniko .
• Basque director Koldo Serra has started work on the project in 2012, a big part of the story is based on the testimonies of people who survived the attack.
• The character of Henry ( James D'Arcy ) is loosely based on the American correspondent from Spain George Steer . This is arrived at Gerniko shortly after the destruction of the city, an article that was published in publications The Times and The New York Times, is inspired Pablo Picasso to painting masterpiece Guernica.
• Spanish-American productions filmed in the Basque Country, including in Gernika, a budget of EUR 6 million, which is three times more than the average budget of a Spanish film.
This is Aritz Atela's photo.
A very nice still of Irene Escolar who played Isabel, Teresa's cousin.