Love Thy Keepers (2018)
001Lithium X (2018)
Role: Adam Bird
Das Boot (TV series 2018)
Official Site. Photos. IMDb
The Snowman (2017)
Role: Filip Becker
Release: Oct. 13 2017
Role: Colonel Winnant
Release: May 2017
Chicken/Egg (short film 2016)
Release: Febr. 2017
Role: Henry Howell
Release: 26 April 2016
Agent Carter (TV Series 2016, S.2)
Role: Edwin Jarvis
JamesD’Arcy.net is a non-profit fan website and is not affiliated with James D’Arcy or his representatives.
The Making of a Lady (2012) TV Movie
- Hits: 3303
Directed by: Richard Curson Smith
Script by: Kate Brooke
Status: Premiere December 16, 2012 on ITV1
Genre: Victorian drama
Runtime: 120 min
Production Studio: Runaway Fridge TV
Co-Stars: Joanna Lumley, Linus Roache, Lydia Wilson, Hasina Haque
Role: Captain Alec Osborn
The handsome but unscrupulous nephew and sole heir of Lord James Walderhurst, married to a beautiful Indian wife. Although, he and his wife present a friendly face in Emily’s life, sees her as a threat. Osborn stands to inherit Walderhurst fortunes, unless the new couple produces an heir.
James about his character:
- (Alec is) a sick puppy… but quite good at badminton.
- When you think of Alec you don’t think of him as a villain or in fact a good guy, because he is so complex. I never thought of him as the villain.
- Walderhurst has had quite an easy life compared to my character, Alec Osborn. I suspect there is a simmering resentment, which becomes clear as the story unfolds. He has no respect for his cousin and that resentment has boiled over in to something malevolent.
Plot: Based on the novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett The Making of a Marchioness (1901). The classic Victorian tale tells the story of the well born, educated but penniless Emily who grew up hoping she would marry for love, but has come to realise that her priority must be survival. Opening in late Victorian London, initially in a shabby part of town, The Making of a Lady depicts genteel Emily struggling to make a living. Life-threatening intrigue ensues in a stately manor involving her husband’s extended family and the household staff
Trivia & Facts:
- Creative England assisted the Runaway Fridge production with finding crew and locations for the 25 day shoot, which filmed across Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Liverpool and West Yorkshire in August and September.
- Lydia Wilson had a staggering 42 costume changes for 100 minutes of drama
- Budget: £1.2 million
Film Location: Manchester, Liverpool, Smithills Hall in Bolton, Bramall Hall in Stockport, Dorfold Hall in Cheshire
James D'Arcy: I like the duplicity of the character and I like that it's a period drama. It's called The Making Of A Lady, so you think you know what it is and it really isn't. I like that it took me in a completely unexpected direction.
Joanna Lumley: It’s a darling thing. Bodices and gorgeousness and handsome baddies and well-meaning goodies.